Sprache

Sonntag, 21. September 2014

Gear test: Sound absorber

Through the fact that our "normal" sailing behaviour had changed, since we are parents, meaning motoring a little bit more, we decided that we will invest this year in engine room sound absorber.

There had been one, but I had rooten over the last couple of years and due the fact we just used the enginie to enter and exit the harbour there was no need. So I started to clean up the engine room, well actually getting rid of the old sound absorber.


After I cleaned up, I started with cutting new wood plates for the engine room, where I will fit the new sound absorber on. It took some time to get right fitting of the wood plates but finally I made it. Then I cut the new sound absorber, till I satified with my work.



And the result, you will ask. I used an app for my new smart phone to measure the sound pressure in dB(A). With the old sound absorber I was around 100 to 103 dB(A) now I am down to 85 to 89 dB(A).

Well after some testing with the App, I am quite sure that there is something wrong with it. My normal speech is around 90 dB(A). But I see it as a tendency.

After I fit the new sound absorber in, I made a test drive with Kathy and Chris, and Kathy said it quiten down. But we both think there is still some improvements to make. I will add some additionl plates to the wood plates to gain some weight, in order to get rid off the low frequencies.
http://www.svb.de/de/antidrohnplatte.html


So my personal test results:

  • Handling during appling: perfect, (for cutting you just need a carpet knife and it is self adhesiv)
  • Sound reduction: good
  • Cleaningness: very good, through the aluminium tape on the surface. If you drop some oil you can easily wipe it away
  • Looking: very good
http://www.svb.de/de/motorraum-dammplatten-495.html




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen