Sprache

Montag, 6. April 2015

What a spring storm "Hi Niklas"

A nice storm, called Niklas, hit central Europe last weekend and keep half Europe quite occupied.

Well I was at Geronimo to finish the new bed for Chris and the cupboard in the aft cabin as the storm hit the coast. It was rubbish weather since the morning that for sure. It was blowing with a force 6 to 7, straight west. Geronimo was with her nose right in the wind. The was tugging at her lines, besides the coverage from the harbour. The rain was falling quite heavy but I was working below deck and a canvas cover was spread. As long as would stay below it was somehow comfortable.
I was completlye drained while I put everything on board. But luckily my father gave me hand.
I just had to give him a hand 2 times at his boat, which left me complete drained again. But I won´t complain, I know what was coming, or had had a slightly idea.
By the way I love my new "New Zeeland Shepard Hat", it fits on my head in a Force 7 and keeps my head dry.
Anyway it was somehow around 2 o´clock. I just gave my father a hand. I was cowered down to take a measure, as I heard the wind raising. "Nice" I thought and moments later I flew around, hit my knee and shoulder and said "What the f**k". I crawled up to the hatch to have a look at the wind gauge. Geronimo was heeling in 20° angle without any noteworthy stuff above deck.
The wind gauge showed 34kn decreasing, it turned slightly south. "Pretty bastard" I said and went on with my measurement.
Some minutes later my father showed up. "Have you seen that?" "Yepp, I flew around a little bit" I said. "We should grap our stuff and should heading home, there is more coming, have a look".
I took a look at the horizon, it was pitch black. "Agreed, give me 20min, you need a hand with your cover". "Nope I took it away before the blow came by" my father said. "See you in 20 min"
 So I started to pick up my tools, closed down all hatches. The wind gauge showed 38kn, straight west again. And I got coverage from the dyke / harbour.
So that storm gave me some trouble to get my tool box off, I can tell. As I closed down everything the rain was starting again. You know with a little bit of hail and the wind..... I was soaking wet, as I reached the car. And it seams that the wind was still raising.

You remember Peter? Well he tried to apply his Sprayhood on his boat. Don´t know how this ended.

We were heading home and Niklas was giving us some punches during the ride. And showed off over central Europe for 2 more days.




        

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen